Making the Gulf region an all-year-round tourism destination is what the upcoming Gulf Investment & Tourism Forum is all about. Delegates and participants can exhibit their products and company materials in the Tourism & Investment Exhibition that is being held simultaneously on the fringe of the Forum.
Decision-makers and planners believe through local, regional and international investments, they can make the Gulf a world-leading tourism hub and a permanent source of attraction for visitors from all five continents of the globe.
With an endowed international surplus liquidity, the countries making up the Gulf region have shown impressive prosperity and believe the time has come to redistribute their wealth in the belief of making their major economic sectors bedrocks of economic stability.
Many of these sectors, tourism included, are seen as “high flyer” industries whose further development will ensure more sustaining growth for the well-being of the different societies in the Arab Gulf.
Through inviting local and international investors the coming Forum wants to give the Gulf tourism industry the opportunity to start producing the high yield to become a major contributor of the national income of the Gulf.
Already in place are advanced social and economic infrastructures in different Gulf societies, offering modern and top-notch facilities for their citizens. The next step, as signified by the upcoming events, is to make the region a prime destination for spending tourists and for them to enjoy all-year-round state-of-the-art attractions and recreations.
Tourism officials from the public and private sectors are coming together in unison to showcase their upcoming projects that seek to make the tourism industry a permanent feature of the social, economic and even political lives of the societies of the Gulf.
They want to do it with openness and transparency, seeking the interplay of international investors with local businessmen and partners.
HRH Prince Khalid Al-Faisal Bin Abdul Azziz Al-Saud, Prince of Holy Makkah, will patronize the event.
The Gulf Tourism Investment Forum and Exhibition is organized by the Gulf Tourism Committee of the Federation of GCC Chambers of Commerce. It’s in cooperation with the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Prince Sultan Collage of Tourism and Management (Scientific Consultant). The forum is executed by ExiCon international and Specialist Group.
Date and Venue:
The Forum and Exhibition will be held between 16 and 19 February, 2008, at Hilton convention center, Jeddah Hilton hotel - KSA
- Create a marketing and promotional strategy for tourist projects in the GCC countries to attract local and international investments through joint partnerships between the public and private sectors and set up projects which can be implemented quickly;
- Look at the different international experiences and practices and see how they can be applied on the ground in the Arab Gulf and through public-private sector cooperation;
- Encourage private sector participation in tourism and activate their financial flows to produce a vibrant, dynamic, professional industry that would be the envy of the world;
- Attract international investors to partner with local investors in different tourism projects for such a vision;
- Establish a defined and distinct mechanism to upgrade the current tourism infrastructure and facilities in the GCC counties including hotels, restaurants, communication, and transport facilities whether through land, air and sea ways;
- Create greater tourism packages, offer innovation, institute price reductions on hotel prices, slash air tickets and make them more flexible and able to be used to all the other Gulf destinations to make potential tourist say “I want to visit the Gulf’;
- Highlight the existing tourism facilities and their scope for development in the different GCC countries through zoning on their exceptional touristic experiences and product promotion;
- Identify potential financial sectors that want to have a direct stake in generating capital for specific and upcoming tourism projects and finance travel ventures;
- Organize tourism exhibitions in the different GCC countries through brochures, documentaries, and relief maps of dazzling sites and show their current and future potentials for local, regional and international investors;
- Show potential tourism investment incentives in Gulf tourism especially to the leaders of the private sectors and the international market who are always on the look out for high yield industries like tourism;
- Promote the Gulf countries as a unique destination with innovative and niche markets for international investors and global tourists;
- Talk about concept of developing “desert tourism”
- Encourage the concept of “green tourism”
The Tourism & Investment Exhibition has the following goals:
Main Topics of the Forum:
- Different investment opportunities for Gulf tourism;
- Current tourism projects in the Gulf;
- Promote awareness of the facilities and incentives offered by the different Gulf states and their official authorities to encourage tourism investment;
- Highlight the training and rehabilitation services provided by the tourism and hospitality colleges and institutes in the GCC;
- Unveiling upcoming projects, facilities, incentives and loans given by banks, financing institutions and authorities to support tourism investment in the GCC;
- Promote investment opportunities and collaboration with international groups and companies from different tourism and hospitality services sectors;
- Attract international investors to forge direct partnerships with local companies for joint tourism projects;
- Political and Social Environments for World Tourism: Dimensions and Effects
- The Arab Gulf Region as a Tourism Destination: A Vision
- Marketing the Gulf as a Tourism Destination: Experiences and Results
- Quality in Tourism and Hospitality: Laws and their Applications
- Developing a Tourism Culture: Social Acceptance and Professional Practice
- Tourism Investments in the Arab Gulf States: Realities and Requirements
The Forum’s and Exhibition’s Distinct Features
- Presentation of Tourism Investment Opportunities in Oman/UAE;
- Presentation of Tourism Investment Opportunities in KSA/Bahrain;
- Presentation of Tourism Investment Opportunities in Kuwait/Qatar;
- Investment Opportunities from the Gulf Tourism Committee;
- The Gulf Investment and Tourism Forum and the Tourism & Investment Exhibition is the first of its kind in the Gulf and Arab World;
- The fact it’s being held in Jeddah, the gateway to the Kingdom’s most holiest of places and focal point to major cities in the Gulf states stresses its ability to attract investments through the multitude of financial institutes and large companies who are able to finance such projects;
- An aura of professionalism is surrounding both events as top-notch speakers, officials, VIPs, tourism experts from the public and private sectors as will as those from abroad will talk to audiences about possibilities, opportunities and economic growth regarding Gulf tourism;
- Already spelt out practical working papers on tourism investment opportunities will be presented giving the impression that the investment ball can start rolling immediately;
- The continuing workshops over the three-day period will also show practical work and projects can start straight away through direct business transactions and deals;
- The Forum and Exhibition presents the Gulf as an integrated tourism product: One destination, many holidays with different niche markets;
- The Forum and Exhibition offers an innovative approach where participation, co-financing and management will be an over-riding feature to tourism ventures and development;
- Organizer’s want to make the venue a place to achieve first-hand knowledge of the travel and tourism facilities in GCC countries;
- The Forum and Exhibition serves as venue to gather financiers and tourism experts and channel their strengths into productive, long-lasting, sustainable tourism projects for the Gulf states, and their people;
- Green politics is always expected to be a permanent feature of both events with the willingness of decision-makers and policy experts to create a common investment unit for the environment for the GCC region;
- The venues stresses the point Gulf citizens must increasingly engage in the infrastructure of tourism in their own states through training and rehabilitation centers that would be set up;
- Create an investment tourism culture and make increasing use of the media to achieve this;
Arabic and English are the working languages in the Gulf Investment & Tourism Forum. The working papers will be in Arabic and English and the workshops will have simultaneous interpretation both from and to Arabic and English.
Participants include those Ministers responsible for investment, tourism and development and those officials in the different tourism sectors and investments through out the Gulf countries. Representatives of Arab Chambers of Commerce will also be there as well as those from joint Arab-foreign chambers.
Forum Participation Fees (Free):
- Day 1—Opening ceremony patronized by HRH Prince Khalid Al-Faisal Bin Abdul Azziz Al-Saud, Prince of Holy Makkah, on Sunday, 17th February 2008 at 19.00 hrs at the Hilton Hotel Convention Center in Jeddah.
- After that Prince Khaled will officially open the Tourism & Investment Exhibition and the traditional “Gulf Tent” to be followed by a gala dinner in honor of the participants, sponsors and exhibitors. A large number of Gulf officials, economic planners, tourism experts, entrepreneurs and leading investors will take part in this event.
- Day 2—At 9 am, 18 February, 2007 conference sessions and exhibition activities start along with appointed meetings with officials, attending receptions, arranged visits to touristic landmarks and investment opportunities.
- Day 3—At 9 am, 19 February, 2007 more conference sessions and exhibition activities with official closing session at 15:00 hrs.
Conference participation is FREE. Registration can be made by filling the enclosed participation form (available on the Forum’s website), and sending it to the ExiCon Company (by fax or email).
Participants will benefit from the following:
Exhibition Participation Fees:
- Attending all sessions and workshops of the Forum;
- Gala dinner with the usual coffee breaks and lunches;
- A handsome briefcase with conference materials;
- A valuable gift of the Forum;
- A participation certificate for all attendees;
- Publish names of participants, companies and countries of all attendants on the Forums website.
The rate per square meter is US$ 250 (Saudi Riyals 930). The minimum available space is 9 square meters, and includes the following: Metal separators, exhibitor’s name (Arabic, English), stand number, 1 table, 2 chairs, 3 spotlights and a special electrical plug of 5 amperes.
Name, logo, a brief on the participating company together with its address and website (five lines maximum) will be published in the Exhibition Guide.
Special services provided to the Forum and exhibition participants:
Means of Payment
- Entry Visa to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Hotel reservations at knocked-down special prices;
- Meet & Assist at airport with transportation to airport to hotel and finally back to the airport;
- Provide daily transportation from the hotels to the conference and exhibition halls and vice versa;
- Special car rental rates with and without a driver;
- Setting up meetings and collective sittings with economic and tourism VIPs and other authorities through prior arrangements;
- Provide additional equipments and special decorations for the exhibition stands if requested at additional charges;
- Arrange for freight and clearing company to receive belongings of participants and re-ship them to the concerned parties who wish to make use of this service;
- Cheque/ Bank draft made payable to “Gulf Investment & Tourism Forum”
- Bank transfer to: Saudi British Bank, Dammam Main Branch – KSA, A/C No. 044004448002
(It’s very important to attatch a copy of the Bank transfer details with your Registration Form).
- Credit Card, Click Here